Each holiday season we support our chosen charity by collecting gifts for their benefit at our Thanksgiving and Irish Coffee mornings, and at our Holiday Luncheon. This year everything is moving online.
The AWCD Giving Tree to Benefit our charity, CRiTiCall:
CRiTiCALL is a new initiative to support people emerging from domestic violence circumstances compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Whilst staying home or working from home is for many just an inconvenience, for others it is incredibly challenging and even treacherous.
We want to ensure that when people are ready to make the courageous step to leave an abusive situation that we have every resource to hand to support them in their recovery and pathway to a new, safe life. Household items like cleaning products, duvets, and towels all ensure that someone arrives to their new safe haven fully equipped and surrounded by support.
Your donations will not only address the practical needs of people living through terrible trauma. They help people to start new lives in dignity, with nice new products and purchasing power to choose their own things. They also help counsellors and key workers to focus their time and energy on healing and support, knowing that practical supplies have been taken care of
What's needed? (updated for 2021)
• Bedding packs with duvet, covers and pillow (must be new and in packaging)
• Home hygiene kits including cleaning products, laundry products, and accompanying brushes, sponges, etc
• Sets of new towels
• Vouchers, especially ones that could be used for purchasing underwear/clothes, household items, or toys - please note that we CANNOT accept clothing or toys themselves, only vouchers.
• Personal hygiene kits including items like shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrush etc; as well as period products, toilet rolls etc
• Nappies (all sizes) and toiletries for babies
• PPE - reusable/washable facemasks, disposable facemasks, plastic aprons, disposable gloves, hand sanitiser for families, keyworkers and child support workers.